Women’s & Men’s Pelvic Rehabilitation
There are many conditions that cause pelvic pain. Coordination of care between your physician and physical therapist can help reduce your pain and improve your function.
Urinary and fecal incontinence can be embarrassing and can prevent you from leading the life you want. There is no reason to be embarrassed by your situation. If you are experiencing urinary frequency, urgency, or leakage, physical therapy can give you better control over your bladder and bowel function.
Physical therapy can help you:
- Decrease or eliminate the use of pads
- Perform household duties without leakage
- Exercise without leakage
- Manage your bladder and bowels to avoid sudden urges and rushing to the toilet
- Eliminate pain with urination or defecation
- Decrease or eliminate pain with intercourse
- With painful surgical scars
- Decrease or eliminate pelvic heaviness, pressure, or swelling with daily activities
Your appointment will be private and you will receive one-on-one care from a physical therapist. Please wear loose-fitting clothing that allows you to move freely. Our examination involves assessing the muscles, ligaments, and nerves of your pelvic region, spine, and hips. Your therapist will also review your body alignment and movement. Based on your unique needs, you will receive individualized therapeutic exercises program and activity counseling.
Call us today to schedule your appointment!
Please fax referrals to 314-286-1473. Maps & Directions are available here.