Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with over 160 peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending the course clinicians will:
• Understand the history and scientific theory behind BFR
• Learn to manipulate protocols to create a local or systemic response
• Understand tourniquet use and safety
• Learn how to determine individual limb occlusion pressures
• Learn to apply BFR to rehabilitating patients
This course is offered by Owens Recovery Science. Owens Recovery Science trains and certifies Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, Chiropractors and MDs in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the use of the Delfi PTS Personalized Tourniquet System.
Physical Therapists will earn .85 CEU credits (8.5 contact hours) toward renewing licensure.
Athletic Trainers will earn 8.5 EBP credits toward renewing licensure.
November 10, 2018