Eligibility & Prerequisites
To be eligible to apply for the DPT degree program, you must have:
- Earned a baccalaureate degree
- Completed majority of the prerequisites courses listed below
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in science, combined math and science, and prerequisite coursework
- Demonstrated a commitment to a career in physical therapy
- One year chemistry sequence with labs (8 semester credits)
- One year physics sequence with labs (8 semester credits)
- One year biology courses for science majors (6 semester credits)
- One course in anatomy with lab and one course in physiology with lab OR a two-course sequence in anatomy and physiology with labs (8 semester credits)
- One course in psychology (3 semester credits)
- One course in statistics (3 semester credits)
At the time of application, you must have completed half the required courses and provided a plan for how all requirements will be met prior to enrollment.
We recommend, but do not require, that you also complete courses in English composition, abnormal psychology, and trigonometry.