We are all impacted by the effects of COVID-19, and we want you to know that Washington University Physical Therapy is still here to help. While we made a few changes to protect the health of our patients, staff and providers, we’re still seeing and treating patients.
To schedule an appointment, call 314-286-1940.
Patients can now be seen by a therapist virtually through Telehealth visits. Telehealth visits are a secure and easy way to connect with one of our specialists in the comfort of your own home. These visits are conducted by video or phone, in real time, through your computer or phone.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A TELEHEALTH VISIT?
Please call us to schedule your Telehealth visit. If you are a new patient, a referral from a physician is required. To schedule an appointment, call 314-286-1940.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET READY FOR MY TELEHEALTH VISIT?
- If you have a MyChart account, log in to complete eCheck-in at least a day before your visit (this can be done up to seven days in advance). If you need help with eCheck-in, call the MyChart Support Desk at 314-273-1966 or 866-273-1966. If you do not have a MyChart account, please contact our office at 314-286-1940.
- Our office will send you instructions on starting the visit (via phone or Zoom) at your scheduled time.
- If your virtual visit will be a video visit and you will be using your smartphone or tablet, please download Zoom (for Apple; for Android), the HIPAA-compliant video conferencing tool that will be used for your appointment. If you will be using a desktop or laptop computer for your visit, you do not have to install the app. Your visit will begin when you click your meeting link.
- Please find a quiet, private space for your visit
CONNECTING TO ZOOM TELEHEALTH VISITS
- Remain in the virtual waiting room until your provider is ready for you.
- Check your microphone and speakers to make sure they are not muted, so you and your provider can speak to each other.
- Check the tool bar at the bottom of the screen to make sure your video stream has started. You may need to hover your mouse over the screen on your computer or tap the screen on your phone to get this toolbar to appear.
- At the beginning of your appointment, your provider may ask for a phone number to reach you, in case you have trouble getting started or if you get disconnected during your appointment.
HOW DO I PAY FOR A TELEHEALTH VISIT?
Your virtual visit will be billed to your insurance just like an in-person office visit would be.
We are pleased to be able to offer virtual visits to our patients, but please remember that MyChart remains a quick and easy way to ask your provider a question and manage your healthcare.