Application & Admissions
How to Apply
Apply for the DPT degree program online using the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) application at www.ptcas.org.
- February 1: Final deadline for all applications.
- Official college transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one from a college-level instructor with whom you took a course.
- Responses to essay questions included in the application materials
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in science, combined math and science, and prerequisite coursework
- A list of all current coursework to complete prior to enrollment
- The GRE is not required and your scores will not be factored into our admissions decision
- On-line courses are accepted
Additionally, for international candidates:
- Transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (https://www.wes.org/), an approved credentialing agency, if courses were completed at an institution outside of the United States. Documentation must be include course names, grades and credits in American terms. If English is not your native language, you will need to take one of the following exams within one year of applying:
- TOEFL (minimum acceptable score:100)
- IELTS (minimum acceptable score: 7.0)
The DPT Program uses rolling admissions. The admissions committee reviews completed applications in the order in which they are received. Once notified of provisional acceptance, applicants must send a deposit to reserve a space in the entering class. The $500 deposit is non-refundable, but is credited toward the first semester’s tuition. Washington University Program in Physical Therapy does not discriminate against qualified people with disabilities in the admissions process. We do require all students to meet the Program’s technical standards with or without reasonable accommodations. Please find the full text of our technical standards for matriculation here.