Application & Admissions
How to Apply
Apply for the DPT degree program online using the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) application at www.ptcas.org.
- August 15: Deadline for Early Decision applications
- September 25: Deadline for Washington University to submit decisions to PCTAS for Early Decision applicants
- February 1: Final deadline for all applications.
- Official college transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Official GRE scores. Our code is 7734.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one from a college-level instructor with whom you took a course.
- Responses to essay questions included in the application materials
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or 3.5 for Early Decision applicants) in science, combined math and science, and prerequisite coursework
- A list of all current coursework to complete prior to enrollment
Additionally, for international candidates:
- Transcripts must be evaluated by an approved credentialing agency if courses were completed at an institution outside of the United States. Documentation must be include course names, grades and credits in American terms.
- TOEFL (minimum acceptable score:100)
- IELTS (minimum acceptable score: 7.5)
The DPT Program uses rolling admissions. The admissions committee reviews completed applications in the order in which they are received. Once notified of provisional acceptance, applicants must send a deposit to reserve a space in the entering class. The $500 deposit is non-refundable, but is credited toward the first semester’s tuition. Washington University Program in Physical Therapy does not discriminate against qualified people with disabilities in the admissions process. We do require all students to meet the Program’s technical standards with or without reasonable accommodations. Please find the full text of our technical standards for matriculation here.